Transition and activities for Year 7 at Prendergast School 2023-24
A big hello from all the staff at Prendergast School!
Here's some great stuff for the summer, to help you prepare for moving up to secondary school and have a bit of fun at the same time.
Try out our transition activities
We are very excited to give you some transition activities. These have been specially designed to help our new students get ready for joining us in Year 7 in September. You can choose what you want to do from our list and bring them in to show us when you start at Prendergast School. It's another way you can tell us more about yourself.
- Click to download our fun Year 6 into Year 7 transition activities sheet [pdf]
Take a look at all our amazing subjects
You can also read all about all the different subjects we offer at Prendergast School in our Year 7 Curriculum Handbook.
- Our subjects: Click to download our Year 7 Curriculum Handbook 2023-24 [pdf]
Find out more about our core subjects, English and Maths, as well as others. There are lots of things you can do to get ready for September.
- English: Click to download our Year 6 into Year 7 English transition booklet [pdf]
- Maths: Click to download our Year 6 into Year 7 Maths transition booklet [pdf]
- Science: Click to download our Year 6 into Year 7 Science transition booklet [pdf]
- Geography: Click to download our Year 6 into Year 7 Geography transition booklet [pdf]
- Religious Studies: Click to download our Year 6 into Year 7 RS transition booklet [pdf]
Have a look on our Newsletters page, where we publish our newsletters, including our Summer Newsletter, and read all about what we've been doing recently. You can look forward to all of this and and more from September!
- Read our Newsletters
When you start school, remember, we have two school sites!
Our lower site is called Adelaide Site (that's the new school building on Adelaide Avenue).Our Main Reception is located at Adelaide Site and all visitors, including parents/carers, should usually go there first.
The upper site is called Park Site (which is the historic building in Hilly Fields park). This gate is for students only and there is a student reception at this site.
It's only a short walk between our sites, but... watch out! It's a bit of a climb up "The Hill"!
For parents and carers, events held during our school year may be held at either site, so please check for each occasion.
Enjoy finding out more about our school over the summer. And have fun!